Everybody that owns or possesses a property in Kosovo is liable to pay property tax. This is an obligation even if you live abroad. Remember to pay in time to avoid fines and interest.
You can pay in one of the following ways.
❶ At local commercial banks or other licenced institutions in Kosovo
❷ Payment through e-banking
If you are connected to an e-banking service in one of the commercial banks of Kosovo you can use this service.
- Download bill from our e-service
- Pay from your e-banking service
- Write the municipal account number in your bill
- Write the uniref code in your bill to make sure the payment is connected to you
❸ Payment through international transfers
You can also use the service international transfers of your bank. But this is often a rather costly way of paying. Usually both the sending bank and the receiving bank charge for this. We therefore advice you to thoroughly check the transfer costs before paying. Please also make sure that all costs are charged to you and not the receiver. If your payment doesn’t cover all costs you risk fines and interest for late payment.
To use this service you need to have the following information:
- IBAN number of your municipality. You can find it here.
- Bic (sometimes called Swift) for Central bank of Kosovo: CBRKXKPRXXX
- In the field for other information, it is very important to write the following to make sure the payment is connected to you:
- UNIREF code,
- Your name, your father’s name, your surname
- Taxpayer number
Please note that it takes at least 5-6 working days before your payment is visible in the property tax it-system.
Example payment from abroad