From January 2019 new regulations apply regarding property tax. These are the most important news and some things you might need to do.
- New payment dates for property tax: April 30 and September 30 according to the law. However, the dates for 2019 are June 28 and September 30.
- Tax on land is implemented 2019 for parcels in the property categories forest, residential, commercial and industrial. For agricultural parcels tax on land is postponed.
- All parcels, in all property categories have an official appraised value. All agricultural objects have an official appraised value. Other objects will be appraised the coming years.
- You will get a Certificate of appraised value for your parcels (except agricultural) and agricultural objects with your Property tax bill.
- The official appraised value is market value based.
- A general deduction is applied for parcels. It is deducted from the appraised value in order to have a gradual implementation of tax on land.
- Cultivated land is exempted from property tax. This will apply when tax on land is implemented also for agricultural parcels.
- Primary residence deduction is raised from 10,000 € to 15,000 €. You can only have one primary residence.
- From 2020 you must register your personal number in the property tax register to benefit from primary residence deduction.
- Request corrections if you find anything wrong regarding registered information about you or your property.
- Register your personal number in the property tax register to have benefits
- Make sure you get a Bill and a Certificate for all properties you own or possess. If you did not receive a bill for all your parcels and objects by March 1 please go to your municipal office or our e-service to get the bill.